The Iloilo City Police Office (ICPO) said validation efforts of reports on the alleged terror plot to attack the highly urbanized city are still ongoing.
According to ICPO spokesperson Senior Inspector Shella Mae Sangrines, they have received a lot of information that terrorists are planning to spread violence in the metropolis.
But she said none of the reports, including those circulating on social media, has so far been verified.
“Sa subong padayon gid ang pagmonitor kag pagvalidate naton sang tanan nga impormasyon nga ginahatag ninyu sa amon,” said Sangrines.
“Ginaseryoso gid naton ang pagcounter check sina tanan kag padayon gid kita nga gaalert 24/7,” she added.
Sangrines called on the public to continue helping and cooperating with the police.
“Kag labaw sa tanan ginalakip ta gid sa aton hilikuton ang pagpangamuyo sa aton Diyos,” she stressed.
Sangrines also urged Ilonggos to remain vigilant and observe personal security measures.
“Likawan na lang anay naton ang mga matawo nga lugar,” she said.
Mayor Jed Patrick Mabilog on Sunday, June 18, placed the entire city of Iloilo under “red alert status” following the attack on the police station of Maasin town by members of the New People’s Army (NPA).
On the same day, three members of the ISIS-linked Maute Group were also intercepted at the Port of Iloilo in Fort San Pedro, City Proper. IMT